4.17.2012

I will let you down, I will make you hurt

Top, Old Navy
Jacket, H&M
Skirt, Forever 21
Shoes, Target
Belt, Forever 21

Today, my outfit photos turned out good. With almost no effort. I've had a few weeks worth of "Why are my pictures suddenly baaaaad?" Maybe it's my mood. Or my outlook. Or how much time I put in. Maybe I finally got enough sleep. Who knows? But today I feel much better than yesterday. I finally slept really, really well. I've had time to clean and recoup and do the things I need to do. My life feels balanced again. Hopefully, a string of good luck will follow this feeling! 




This outfit is one of my favorites in a while. I love this red skirt, but I've recently found myself not wearing it. It's definitely one of those skirts that need heels -- as most midis do -- and lately I just haven't felt like it. When I bought this top a few days ago, I intended it to only be a work top -- it goes really well with my new work trousers -- but I realized it would look good with actually a lot of stuff I already own. Like this skirt, for example. 

Yesterday, I actually wore a cardigan with this, not a jacket. Jackets are a little exhausting to wear all day -- they're a bit fidgety and not quite as warm as a cardigan, even though they tend to be thicker. I think it's the lining. However, I definitely think this outfit looks better with a jacket -- this skirt is so floaty and feminine it needs to be paired with something a little more structured and masculine. I really like balance (I am a Libra, after all) and this outfit sort of cements that for me. 

Let's also not mention my obsession with red, white, and navy blue lately. 





I don't have a lot else to write about. There has been a little bit of drama in the fashion blogosphere lately, which I try to mostly ignore. However, there is a huge problem of bullying and comparison in the fashion/style niche and I think we all need to work hard to prevent people from bullying other people -- and not supporting those few bloggers who are mean to others in an attempt to bolster themselves. I've made lots of great friends from blogging & I want it to continue to be a community of friends -- not just another catty clique. I graduated from high school and I really, really, really don't want to go back, you know?


Hope you all have a good Tuesday! It's my weekend, which is very exciting.




1 comment:

  1. Love your outfit. Found you through WIWT.
    Following
    ;)
    Kate x
    http://memoirsofawardrobe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...