4.04.2012

Mint Sailor


Jeans, American Eagle // Belt, Top, and Blazer, Forever 21. 

So I broke down. And bought a mint blazer. My wardrobe just wasn't feeling very springy, no matter what I did... so I thought, "Well, I love green-blue colors. If it goes out of style, I can still wear it to work because it's professional." And I'm sticking to it.

As it turns out, I actually really love this blazer. I wore it to work over my old-standby -- my purple lace dress. I love it over my nautical stuff though -- like this top. It just seems to be a good mix of a trend I have a ton of in my wardrobe (guys, I love French nautical wear, I can't even) and a new trend that I enjoy but don't plan on embracing as much as others. 



In other news, I was tragically out of focus in every full-body photo I took -- although weirdly, my feet were sharp in focus, but not my face. What? I thought I was in-focus in my close ups, but now that I see them, they're still a little fuzzy. I haven't had a frustrating photo experience in a while, so I guess I was due. I took these photos really quickly before I went to go see a movie with my mom yesterday, so that's a good explanation. 

I also bought my wedding dress yesterday. This is the dress I'll be wearing. Unfortunately, it was discontinued and I wasn't contacted (even though I was told I would be when I tried it on), so they had to order my size from another store. I would have just ordered it online, but it's only available in ivory online -- and I have feelings about ivory wedding dresses. Either way, I have my wedding dress on the way, so now I'm ready to get married. Check and check. 


Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! I joined HelloCotton, so if you have one, feel free to follow me and I'll follow you back!


7 comments:

  1. Love the mint blazer and AHHH wedding dress! SO exciting. Can't wait to see pics :) What color shoes will you wear? (the obvious question)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably wear a low wedge heel of some kind -- I'm thinking silver. But it's up for debate. I have time. :]

      Delete
  2. Hey, you have the sweetest blog, i love your style. Would love if you could come and check my blog out to and if you like it maybe we could follow each other, just follow and drop me a comment :). Its really lovely to find a blog that is as good as yours to read.
    xx

    theheadlessstylist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, thanx for following my blog, just want to say a massive thank you and ive become your newest follower, keep up the good work and stay in touch
    xx

    theheadlessstylist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. the blazer is so cute and suits you very well! a good decision to buy it! I'm still searching for a mint blazer and I don't want to spend much money on it, because i don't think after this spring mint will be something that I still love and want to wear... but unfortunatly there's no forever21 in germany. not a single one... and even if it's possible to order online and ship to germany, they don't pay the return - if you want to return the things, what really could be possible as I have no clue what size I need at forever 21...

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect blazer :)

    http://www.tinnaspinkplace.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...