4.15.2012

One Year


I can't believe it's been a year since Danny and I got together. 

To tell the truth, I can't really remember when I first met Danny. Probably sometime our freshman year, when I was already fed up with Idaho. I do know we became Facebook friends at the start of our sophomore year and I got my first indication that he maybe liked me. 

I can tell you, though, the exact moment I knew I liked Danny. The first moment I knew if I didn't do something, I would regret it for the rest of my life. 

It was on April 10. The first Saturday after Spring break. I was upset and sad and mad, in general, and Danny sent me a text message late at night. I don't remember what he said, but I remember what I realized. At that moment, I knew that there was one person in Idaho who had always - always - cared about my happiness, and if I was doing well. And that person was Danny. 

By April 15th, we were officially a couple. 

By July 26th, we were engaged. 

The rest is history. When I'm with Danny, I'm so happy: nothing else matters. I don't worry as much. I eat healthier. I laugh at little things. The past two years of my life have been hard, but having Danny in my life has made the difference between sink and swim for me. 

He is etched into my bones now, just another part of me. 




6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! That last line is just completely perfect.

    ~Brit
    www.brittany-sims.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is so sweet. That last line is it, just another part of you. I wish you many more happy years together.

    Love from Jo'burg

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh congratulations! I have my one year anniversary this week too :) Didn't know you got engaged so quickly! When is the big day? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get engaged pretty quickly -- three months! Haha :] The date is either this summer or next summer in July, or maybe this Fall. We're kind of still debating. I do have my wedding dress bought. We originally had next summer as a for-sure date, but then, we decided to get married in Las Vegas instead of having a traditional wedding, so really, we could go get married any time if we wanted!

      Delete
  4. That is how I feel about my fiance ;D Also congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...