4.14.2012

Review: Hard Candy Just Nails Matte-ly In Love


On Tuesday, I was wandering through the beauty aisles of Wal Mart, trying to decide if I wanted to give bronzer another shot or if I should just resign myself to never looking sunkissed, but mostly just muddy. Instead of settling on any bronzers, though, I happened to spot this: a matte topcoat. By Hard Candy. For $4. That's right. 

I immediately snatched a bottle and made my way to a cashier. I had to have it. I had to test it. I love matte nails. I've repinned them on Pinterest. I've liked them on Tumblr. I've felt gentle envy at all the girls who could by OPI, or any other brand of, topcoats. Now I had my own!

I got home and repainted my nails using Essie's "Navigate Her," a pastel mint green that I love. 


My nails before. Gently shiny and mint-y fresh.


I decided to do one accent fingernail first to see if I liked it. That way, I wouldn't paint all my nails and then be like, "ew." However, I ended up loving it. (I painted my fourth finger, if you can't tell.) 


And so, all my fingernails got the matte treatment.

The one thing I noticed, however, is that if you overlap the topcoat just a little, it ends up looking lumpy. My thumbnails in particular look kind of lumpy, but it's a small enough issue that I don't have a problem with it. 

The topcoat also dries super fast, so I didn't spend a lot of time daintily working around the house. It was dry within a minute or so of putting it on, which is always a plus for me. 

Hard Candy Just Nails Matte-ly in Love, $4 from Wal-Mart
Essie in Navigate Her, $7-8 from Target


3 comments:

  1. the color is so pretty I have to go pick it up now. I've been looking for a nice mint. The matte topcoats are great and give it a unique touch.

    http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it looks really nice, I tried it too, but the matte-nailpolish is really not my thing... I prefer it shiny ;-) but today i met with a friend and she had a dark red and then a matte-topcoat, and it really locked fabulous on her hands! Like on yours, but it seems just not made for my nails and hands...

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, for 4 dollars. That's a sweet deal.

    ~Brit
    www.brittany-sims.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...