4.21.2012

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter


You might be a little sick of reading reviews of the Revlon Colorburst lip butters. And frankly, I don't plan you. They were really hyped. Then, heir limited release a few months ago drove the fury a bit further. In the end, people kind of forgot that they are just tinted lip balms. 


However, I'm always curious. And I like trying out new things. And I love lipsticks and lip balms and chapstick and pretty much all variety of "things I can smear on my lips." A few weeks ago, I ran across a display of them in Target, but all they had left was Suger Plum one and I'll be honest -- I didn't find that the prettiest color. In general, I don't like frosted colors -- I mean, they're all just a bad pink, which reminds me of old ladies and the marks they leave on coffee cups! At the time, I passed. 

But on Tuesday, I was in Wal Mart and saw another display -- this time with all varieties. I'd seen a lot of them in swatches, thanks to so many reviews. I knew I didn't want Strawberry Shortcake, Cupcake, or any of the pinks -- they all are too pale, too pastel, too... I don't know. Too much for me. 

My eyes settled on Candy Apple and I couldn't resist. 


I immediately opened the tube and tried it on in the car. It was a lot more... pigmented than I expected. But still not super dark or super ruby red. It was... just right, really. 


In fact, I quite like it. 

The only downside, I've noticed, is that it really dries out my lips. Some people say they've kept their lips moist; I've found the opposite. Maybe I just dry out easily, but I didn't find it very moisturizing at all. Which is fine, since I carry a year's supply of chapstick at all times. On the plus side, it means my lips don't end up sticky and my hair doesn't get stuck to my lips when I'm doing very important things, like flipping my hair around. 

The packaging is quite cute, except... the quilting effect of the tube doesn't go around all the sides. Only one two sides. What? How does that make sense? 

I probably won't be buying another color or tube of this, but it's nice for what it is. It's a bit expensive for my tastes (hence the, "probably won't buy again"). It's nice to have one of it, use it and love it, but leave it at that. I like it enough to enjoy, but not enough to want more of. If you catch my drift. 

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple, $8 from Wal-Mart


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...