5.24.2012

Baking Bombshell: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've posted this recipe on here before, but I've made some changes to it, so I thought I would repost it! These are my favorite chocolate chip cookies -- I mean, is there anything better than peanut butter and chocolate!? -- and Danny loves them too. They are a really great snack. 

You will need: 
  • 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter (the original recipe called for 1 whole cup, but it works fine with half the butter) 
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanila
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips

You'll need to preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. 


I always start by mixing the butter and peanut butter thoroughly. Obviously, your butter needs to be very soft for this, otherwise it will be lumpy and you'll get chunks of butter in your cookie dough! 



Then, you'll add your sugars and one egg. The dough should start to look a little lighter. At this point, I also add in the baking soda so it can get incorporated. Some people add it with the flour, but I don't like doing that -- I think it makes it harder to know if the soda is totally mixed throughout the dough! 



Next, you'll add your vanilla, stir again, and then add all of the flour at once. The dough will be very dry and kind of oily, but don't panic. These cookies are supposed to be a bit crumbly. 



Now you can add your chocolate chips! Like I said, the dough feels a bit "oily" so the chips have kind of a hard time actually sticking into the dough. I use a tablespoon to scoop up the dough and I usually try to make sure to scoop up a few extra chocolate chips to make sure each cookie has enough! 

You'll bake these for about 8 minutes, or until the edges are just browned. As you can see, I line my cookie sheets with foil and spray them with a nonstick cooking spray -- I only do this because I had scrubbing cookie sheets. These cookies have enough butter and oil in them to not stick though, so you can opt for a plain unlined cookie sheet if you want!


They are still very soft fresh out of the oven, but they firm up as they cool! I leave them on the pan to cool and then transfer them to a container with a lid. I'll be taking these guys to work today so don't worry -- I won't be eating a cup of butter and peanut butter on my own! 



I will have a few though! (If you're wondering, the moo glass is from World Market!) 

Hope you all have a great Thursday. 


2 comments:

  1. I look like such a copycat cause I posted my cookie recipe today! They look so good though!

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never! The world needs more chocolate chip cookie recipes. ;]

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...