5.05.2012

Drunk on you

Top, Forever 21 // Tank top, Costco // Skirt, Forever 21 // Flats, Old Navy
Nail polish is Gem, by Zoya with accent nail in Frenzy glitter
Lipstick is Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple

It's spring! I'm wearing a sleeveless top outside! Okay, maybe I wore a cardigan for the whole day and took it off just for these pictures (do you really need to see my black cardigan again?). But still. Sleeveless. Look at that. Look at those pale arms. 



I took these pictures yesterday evening, but then got distracted by a video that I randomly Googled, thinking it didn't exist anymore because of some copyright issues. But lo-and-behold, there it is, Henry Rollins and the Black Flag crew. Warning, it's an hour long and kind of rambling and weird. But I weirdly could not stop watching. 

Speaking of these photos, I love this top. It has flowers on it! It took me a long time to come around to the sheer trend and I still think there is a lot of really bad sheer stuff out there, mostly spread by Forever 21 (you're welcome for all those links, btw). 

It's been said before, but risque trends often do best when they are in traditional cuts: a sleeveless sheer top is better than a sheer, batwing top with exposed shoulders and a lace back and maybe some neon pockets on it, why not? I seriously think 1990s-binder-designer Lisa Frank is designing for Forever 21 on the sly. How else can we explain all the pandas and neon?  

I love this top though because, like I said, it's a traditional style. And it's not totally, over-the-top sheer. And it has cute little flower appliques. 





I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for this weather full time. I don't like in the summer when it gets super, super hot -- but I like sunny and sort of mild, jacket weather. You guys know how I love a good cardigan. 

Hope you all had a fantastic Saturday and didn't get into too much trouble. Also, Happy Cinco de Mayo! 


5 comments:

  1. sunned arms or pale arms, they're just lovely! & i love that sweet polka dot skirt. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that skirt is the perfect length and color. Love this outfit dear! You are so pretty.

    xx
    Cecilia
    dearestlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh I so wish I looked good in long skirts! You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Wait - Costco has clothing?! Mind = blown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you look so cute! And you've changed the layout since I last blogged it looks really nice. :)

    ~Brit
    www.brittany-sims.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...