7.24.2012

Shrunken

Skirt and Top, Forever 21
Belt, Target
Shoes, thrifted 

Either this skirt shrank in the wash or I got a lot taller. I doubt I've gotten any taller, despite my wishes, so I'm going to have to assume that the first trip through the washing machine was a mistake for this skirt. However, I think I like it better knee-length -- it's a little less overwhelming! And I can also wear it with tights this Fall and Winter without feeling like a bag lady! (Can I mention how excited I am for tights again!? I miss the tummy suction of tights.)

I love mustard and teal together though! Mustard is such a Fall color and teal is one of those colors that works pretty much any time of the year. Together, the outfit isn't too fall but also not too summery. Which is good since I work in an office. Unfortunately, it's freezing in my office today, so I might have hyperthermia by the time I get home! 



I've been trying to write a blog post for the past two days. I have a lot to say, but it's hard to phrase it in a way. Putting words to feelings is so complicated sometimes! It's hard to really know where to start. Mainly, I wanted to write something about blogging and what it means to me and how it effects me, but it's kind of hard to really express the ways blogging helps and hinders without making it sound like I'm throwing in the towel! Hopefully, I'll have it written within the week. If not, I'll probably just pass out from the effort of writing pages and pages and then deleting them! 



Yesterday was one of my "early" leave work days (not really, as I left at a normal person time!), so I got home, started dinner, and then Danny and I went for a walk! It was really nice and relaxing to spend time outside in the sun. We ate and then I did some exercise while we watched TV. Mostly I walked in place and did step aerobics. Not sure how good that actually is for me, but at least I tried! Today, Danny has one of his last tests for getting certified to teach, and tomorrow is his last, so we're both excited for that. 



I hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday! Is it really only Tuesday? I'm already excited for the weekend again!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that skirt did shrink a lot! Love the color combo - I have a mustard couch and I want to get turquoise pillows for it. I think turquoise brings mustard out of the 1970s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color combo as well. It has a "calming easy breezy lets go out for a stroll" vibe. I am looking forward to this blogging post. I hope you dont decide on deleting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best color combination! The skirt looks good at this length, too: more room for showing off tights, especially if you're wearing them with boots in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also digging the new length! Good luck on writing that blog post :]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...