7.14.2012

Skipping Record


Good morning, everyone! If you read my last post, which I only posted last night, you know things have been tough. But, surprise, surprise, I feel a lot better this morning. Sometimes, I think we just need to share the things that are wrong and how we're feeling to really get over them and move on. 

This morning I woke up and worked out, then I took two sets of outfit photos before the sun got too intense. Baby steps! 



Dress, Savers (thrifted, handmade) 
Belt, Target
Denim jacket, Forever 21
Converse, Hot Topic (circa 2007) 

This outfit might look familiar. It's because I copied it from Charlotte. When I got up, I had just worked out and was standing at my closet thinking, why am I doing this to myself! When suddenly, I realized I too own a red dress. And a denim jacket. And converse. Why not? the little voice in my head whispered. Then I decided to take scissors to this dress. 

For two years, I've not been sure how to wear it because it has an attached, handmade, cloth belt that looked, well, droopy. For lack of a better word. Just, not good. It was a tie belt, which is hard to make look good anyway, but it was made out of the same material as the dress: heavy. I cut it off so I can now wear this dress with my own belts, thereby increasing the number of ways I can wear it. I'm so happy, although the belt looks very sad in my trashcan. 

I very rarely wear converse with non-jeans -- I think they make my legs look a big stumpy. Really, to lengthen the leg, the top of the foot is stupidly important. But at the same time, I love these Converse. They have anchors on them! 





Danny and I will probably be having a lazy day. Which will inevitably mean more ice cream. I'll probably work out again later (I only did 15 minutes of jogging) -- but I think that's a good plan because there's no way I can work out in any way for 30 minutes straight... I just don't have the attention span for it! But breaking it up means I get two chances to really go for it. But otherwise, we're going to watch movies and write and I might bake some cookies.


I forgot to mention in my last post, but, I started a new blog! Ellipsis Bakery is for all my baking related posts, from now on. I'm going to start selling cookies and bread locally in the near (or distant, depending on how much energy I can commit to it) future. Because, well, I can. I'd really appreciate it if you'd follow it or just check it out, so I can feel like I'm accomplishing something. 

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday. 


5 comments:

  1. This dress is amazingly cute and vintage looking. Good find!! Sometimes all it takes is a little tweak to vintage clothing to make it wearable everyday. In fact, I have a pile of thrifted clothing that I'm slowly working through. My most recent fix I posted about here:

    http://www.rtthvintage.blogspot.com/2012/07/whole-3-yards-easy-vintage-skirt-revamp.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit! The dress is so cute!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I feel so special that I inspired you! I hope it helped you feel better!
    I'm glad you're feeling better about everything. You look very cute in this outfit!

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress so much and the way you paired it with the jean jacket!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit! I know what you mean about shoes making your legs look weird. I love Lita styled boots, but I think they make my legs look odd. One day I took a photo of me wearing them and texted it to a friend of mine with the caption "do these shoes make my legs look fat?" and she responds with "I've heard girls ask if lots of things make them look fat - but never shoes." Lol! ;D

    Anyway, I love the causality of this outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...