7.30.2012

Sprinkle Cupcakes


Sprinkles. Cupcakes. Is there anything quite as joy inducing? Add buttercream frosting and more sprinkles, and it's basically heaven. I was never a big fan of funfetti cake, but then, why have cake mix when you can use real butter? So this recipe is for the funfetti lovers out there -- homemade sprinkle-licious cake is just one recipe away.


This post from Bakerella was the inspiration for my pastel sprinkle cupcakes. The recipe is the one from this post though. I cut it in half and used regular size cupcakes, instead of mini cupcakes. (As cute as mini cupcakes are, they are kind of a huge pain! And I don't have a mini muffin tin...)

For the frosting, I used a standard buttercream recipe -- butter, powdered sugar, and half-and-half. The perfect combination.

To make the cupcakes sprinkle-fied, I added a good handful of sprinkles to the batter and stirred it up before dividing into the cups. I always use a 1/4 cup to measure batter -- it's the perfect "just a little over 1/2 full, a little under 3/4" amount! After I had all the cupcakes scooped out, I added another dash of sprinkles to the top.


Once the cupcakes were out and cooled, I used a piping bag to pipe the frosting on top and added -- of course -- more sprinkles.

Be sure to check Bakerella for the recipes. Her blog has inspired me so much this weekend. Except a few more posts in the coming week of Bakerella recipes and cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...