8.10.2012

A Little Boring

Dress, Brass Razoo
Flats, Old Navy
Scarf, Forever 21

This dress is a little scandalously short. It's one of those dresses that I love, but right now makes me a bit angry at myself. Under the ballon exterior there is a black fitted part that used to just skim over me. Now it's a bit tight and I find it catching places and it annoys me and makes me angry at myself. But alas, that's another story. It's a nice dress for when I just don't want to care though, because it really hides everything. In general, this outfit is a little boring, but hey, we're all a little boring sometimes. 




I look a bit tired in these pictures, mainly because I had just got home from work. Taking pictures after work is always a bit of a mistake because my make up is basically gone and I'm pretty much exhausted. But taking pictures before work requires me to actually get up early. It's a trade off! 

Danny took these photos though and I'm very happy with them. I want to try to take outfit pictures where I'm actually doing something, some place interesting, not just standing in my driveway, but it's hard when it's just me. Also, I'm not great at posing for pictures and I'm still teaching Danny how to use my camera. He's done a really good job of learning so far though! 




As an update to my attempt to make healthy changes (speaking of my dress being too tight), I've been running every other day or so and trying to eat less sugar and carbs. By that I mean, processed sugar and carbs. I still eat fruit which is, basically, fruit and carbs, but they're natural. I know many strict Atkins or Paleo followers would scoff, but I just can't give up fruit -- there are too many nutrients in it! And it's just too tasty, especially in the summer. Right now I'm drinking a smoothie with blueberries and strawberries (frozen by my mom, not from a package!), avocado, spinach, yogurt, and cranberry juice. It's just a nice way to start the day. I tried adding protein powder, but it just made it taste awful (overpoweringly sweet), so I'll be sticking with natural protein as much as I can, I think. 

I've also been thinking a lot lately, due to some other bloggers living adventures and dreams out, and something one of my coworkers said to me the other day. I think I've really tried very, very hard to fit myself into an image of how everything thinks you should get ahead, but it's not working for me. I'd rather be happy than wealthy, you know! I don't really know what I want to do right now, but it's giving me a lot to think about. Maybe I'll write about it soon. 


Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Friday. 



1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks so cute like this Michelle =) And these are lovely pictures!! Danny's doing a good job!!
    Speaking of healthy eating, I've had to start eating a lot more healthier recently too, not to lose weight but because I just found out I have gallstones =( It means I need to massively cut down on fat because that makes it a lot worse, especially because I can't have the surgery for a year. But what is amazing at the moment is that a couple of UK chefs (OK, you can't really call them chefs, cooks maybe?!), the Hairy Bikers, are doing this Diet series that makes low fat and calories foods that still feel like 'real' food, so I just wondered if you'd be interested in that because what I've made from it so far is good!! If you wanted a copy of the book I could maybe send you one over (or bring one with me!!) if you can't get it over there =)
    If you can get the programme on the internet somewhere too you'd maybe find it interesting! They're such typical Northern (UK!) men and they love fat and proper food, but they've been told they need to lose weight.
    Oh and I don't want to sound like I'm saying you need to lose weight by recommending all this, because I'm not trying to lose weight but I'm loving these recipes at the moment, they're just a way to live healthier I think =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...