8.22.2012

Chill in the Air

Top, Forever 21
Dress, Lauren Conrad for Kohl's 
Wedges, Kohl's (children's) 

This isn't what I'm wearing at work (I wore it this weekend), but I do want to talk about something: It's been freezing in the morning, here in Oregon. It was in the 40s this morning when I woke up! You know what that means... Fall. Tights. Over-the-knee socks over tights. Boots! Cardigans. Sweaters over collared tops. Guys, I can't even express how pumped I am for fall, and fall clothes. Burgundy and mustard and berry and emerald green.





However, days are still clocking in in the 80s everyday. Sigh. I know I'll miss it when Fall and Winter are actually here (and all the rain sets in!) but I'm really tired of being hot and trying to figure out what to wear to work that isn't sleeveless (and therefore needs a cardigan) and that won't be too short (so a customer doesn't call and complain, like when I wore a knee-length skirt and scandalized the last women alive from Victorian times apparently) and that won't stick or be too tight or collect lint, or... or ... or... The list is just too long. Let's move on! 




Danny & I are babysitting my parents' dogs right now. While I was taking these pictures, one of them, Cleio, was in our fenced-in yard trying to get to me, frantically barking. She ended up putting her little nose through the lattice of the fence and whining at me! Maybe she just really liked my outfit...

Speaking of which, I don't think I'll ever get tired of this dress, or wearing this top like this! It's just a nice way to wear a button-up during the summer -- a little less uptight, I think. This dress is one of my favorites, because I just love the print. 



I've been feeling pretty good lately -- had a few rough spots this week -- but I have some exciting things happening this week that I can't really talk about here on the blog (isn't that the worst?). But... I'm feeling better. I know I've been a bit of a downer lately -- with all my talk of being sad, feeling left out and behind in blogging, gaining weight, what have you -- and while I didn't intend to be, I don't think it was necessarily helpful to my mindset to talk about it so much. That being said, I'm bad at focusing on things other than my emotions. I make decisions based on how I feel -- not necessarily what seems logical or correct in that situation. But I always feel like I'm right, because, well, I'm feelings-based. I can't help it! But I'm feeling better. This morning, I ran before work, had a smoothie for breakfast, and am treating myself to something good today at lunch. 


Hope you all are having a wonderful week & have a fantastic wednesday! I have a doctor's appointment tonight and another appointment tomorrow, so I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few days! 




4 comments:

  1. It's all good, everyone has rough times and you gotta express it.

    I was near Eugene this weekend and totally thought about you! Maybe that's weird?? Haha. It wasn't creepy, I swear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not creepy at all! I just left you another comment, but if you're ever in the area again, let me know on Twitter -- I'd love to meet up. :)

      Delete
  2. Cute outfit! I've been kinda experimenting with layering on top of dresses and it's been unsuccessful thus far... you did it perfectly, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tops over dresses is really hard -- I think you have to be taller to make it work! The hems always end up hitting at a weird place, so then my legs look really short!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...