8.19.2012

Inspiration Sunday: Welcome Back


Those who have been reading my blog for a while will remember these... Inspiration Sundays. I used to post one every Sunday -- just a collection of images and ideas that were inspiring me that week. I really miss doing it and I thought I'd start it again. Partly because I miss it, and partly so I can start getting into a regular blogging schedule again. I've always debated how to go about Inspiration Sundays... but I think now it's a good way for me to just write what I've been thinking about, and then show off a few pieces of visual inspiration!


This week has been a whirlwind, but here's a good bit: I've been working on my book about my grandfather fairly consistently and that's inspiration enough. Right now, I'm writing it as something a bit more disjointed than most books, mostly just recollections of my father and family. I have read Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer; In the Wilderness by Kim Barnes; and I just started Caramelo by Sandra Cisneros. Books about nature and family always make me want to write, and really, all three of these books are about family. I've been working diligently and trying to get back into a groove where I work in the days and then work on something I've passionate about in the evenings. It's hard to use just a few hours everyday to move myself forward, but I have to do it.


What else have I been working on? Mostly, I've been trying to find myself a good place again, a place where I am comfortable and I can confront my future in a positive way. I am not an optimist naturally, but it's something I can adopt when I feel like it. I just have to be able to! One thing I know I've been missing for the past year (or two... or three!) is a positive attitude, a feeling of moving in a good direction. I might not be doing exactly what I want to do right now, but I'm ready to make changes I have to in order to move forward and find myself in a happier place. And really, that's a good thing!


This weekend I have: been to see a counselor, which was really nice and made me feel a lot better; had lunch with Danny; had dinner with my parents; brought my parents' dogs to stay with Danny & I for a few days; wrote more blog posts, and lists blog posts ideas, than I have in weeks; baked cinnamon rolls and pumpkin muffins; and watched the Grey with Danny (which was really good). Highlights for the coming week will be a paycheck, hopefully buying the Hunger Games, and lots more writing.


I hope you all have a great Sunday! And let me know ... what's inspiring you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...