8.06.2012

Plums & Dots

Corduroy jeggings, American Eagle (currently on clearance) 
Top, Forever 21
Flats, Old Navy

These are the jeggings that I have been waiting for all my life. (Sing that to the tune of a certain Phil Collins song.) The thing about jeggings is, I never really understood them. I sort of did. Vaguely. I guess the thing is, I find jeans pretty comfy, and I find leggings pretty comfy, and I never really got combining the two. I mean, I don't really wear leggings out and jean leggings just seemed... unnecessary.

But then, a few months ago, I spotted these gettings at American Eagle. I loved them. They were purple. They were corduroy -- a fabric I have a hard time with, considering it seems near impossible to find well-fitting and flattering corduroy pants. And they were jeggings, meaning they would be corduroy, but cut like skinny jeans, but stretchy like leggings.

Stop the presses. We have found the perfect comfy pants. 




One of the main problems I have with skinny jeans, really, is finding ones that fit all the key areas: the waist (never going to happen, I have resigned myself to belts); the butt (also difficult, but possible, if often a bit tight); the thighs (doable, often a little baggy if they fit on the butt); and... the calves. Yes, the calves. I always though I had slightly large calves, but apparently not; all of my skinny jeans fit loose on the calves, tight on the thighs and butt, and very loose on the waist. Can we please get a pair of pants that fit on curvy ladies, please? (Ones that aren't made of weird stretchy fabric, I should clarify.)

But these jeggings... they fit on the calves too! They will tuck into boots without bunch on my ankles, calves, and knees. They will stay put! They will! And okay, I still have to tighten the waist with a belt, but they fit 75% of my lower half! That's pretty impressive. I don't think I've ever had a pair of pants do that. 




More than anything, these pants say, I am ready for fall. I am, can you tell? I love the warm weather -- it was about 101 degrees on Saturday!) -- but I'm ready for fall. Collared tops tucked under sweaters. These jeggings tucked into boots. Midi skirts with tights and boots and sweaters. Sweaters and boots and jeans and - sigh! I'm just ready. Fall leaves and a little bit of rain and cooler temperatures and Halloween! I'm ready, Fall, come and get me.

I actually wore this outfit to the Horsehead Pub in Eugene the other night with Danny. It was really comfortable -- I wore my motorcycle jacket over it, which is quite old and worn, but still my favorite fall jacket... or really, sweatshirt! 




Danny and I had a pretty relaxed weekend. On Friday, I went to lunch with my mom and Danny went to go see a friend from high school who happened to move to Eugene too. On Saturday, Danny helped my parents do a little bit of work and we installed a filter on our shower head. (Have I mentioned the well water in our house is so laden with minerals it smells like boiled eggs? I will no longer risk smelling like boiled eggs!) Then we went to see Danny's cousin who lives in Eugene. We went out to Steelhead Pub -- they brew their own beer and have a huge brewing area set up behind the bar, which is very cool. Danny and I shared a bacon cheeseburger, which was super delicious, and Danny tried their homemade root beer, which was different than any other root beer I've ever had. (It tasted more like black licorice, with a hint of traditional root beer taste!)

Sunday, Danny and my dad finished building a fenced area outside, for when Danny and I to babysit my parents' dogs for two weeks. (I'm kind of excited about this!) They'll be putting down sod grass next weekend, which will make it really nice, and then Danny and I will probably move our patio furniture out there... and maybe put in a clothesline. I spent the day cleaning, doing laundry, and organizing the back room a bit more, as well as baking bread (as usual) and getting stuff ready for dinner. Otherwise, I've been reading the Historian, which is an amazing book so far. 



Danny and I have been up to so much lately!! I know he's feeling a bit better -- I think he got really lonely and a bit of cabin fever with me being gone most of the week. It's hard to be by yourself with no one else around! But we've been trying to go out and do a lot more, which has been good for me too.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I hope you all have a great Monday! It's back to work today for me. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm actually wearing my jeggings now!! Love 'em. And this picture of you (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MehWcnuFa7o/UB1sbe598JI/AAAAAAAAFT4/jSuQuJqwTAQ/s1600/IMG_9990.jpg) is especially stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty in these photos! You're brave to wear corduroys in this heat... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pants really do fit you like a glove. They look great and I really like color too. I still havent found a pair of jeggings that fit me well. They are a hard thing to come by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your make up looks really great in these photos. I have a pair of corduroy pants like that but its just too hot to wear them. Maybe when fall rolls around.

    ~Brit
    www.brittany-sims.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...