8.05.2012

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes


Pumpkin spice cupcakes. Is there anything more reminiscent of Fall? It conjures up images to leaves and corduroys tucked into boots and wool coats and nice, warm scarves... and coming home to something warm (chai tea, perhaps) and something delicious (one of these cupcakes, of course). Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors and it goes best with something spicy. 


For this recipe, I used my standard spice cake recipe from the Taste of Home Baking Book and added a few extra ingredients.

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon (I upped this to 3) 
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
  • 1 cup of buttermilk (or regular milk with a bit of vinegar or lemon juice) 
  • 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree 
  • Frosting of your choice (cream cheese would be yummy, but I used leftover maple cinnamon butter cream!) 

The pumpkin makes the cupcakes super moist, so they have to bake a little longer. Unfortunately, I overestimated and baked them a bit too long, so they're a bit dry. It happens! I also had a slight malfunction with my leftover frosting -- it didn't defrost very well and ended up a bit thin. No matter how much sugar I added, it stayed thin, so it went on the cupcakes as a flat bit instead of my normal swirl (which I prefer). But, hey, they're still tasty! I added fall leaf sprinkles to the cupcakes for a little bit more fall flair. (Let's pretend that it's not 100 degrees out this weekend!) 


Behold, yummy, spicy, pumpkin-y, fall cupcakes. I actually can't stop eating them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...