8.23.2012

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Foundation Primer


You may remember how, a week or so ago, I mentioned my need to find a good primer. A few were recommended to me and I decided, after reading nothing, because I choose things spontaneously in stores despite learning so many bad lessons that way, to buy Rimmel London's Fix & Perfect Pro Foundation Primer. It's $6, as opposed to $30 for the (wonderful) PoreFessional by benefit (which I used a sample of ages ago and loved). I thought it would work. I thought it would be okay. Apparently, I had forgotten my experience with Hard Candy's misleading foundation primer, which swore it would reduce oil, but instead basically turned my face into a pair of wet look leggings. 

I'm not going to post a picture of what this primer did to my face, because it's not pretty and I have to remain marketable as a human being, guys. I'll describe it as this: cystic acne, clogged pores, and oil. More oil than I have ever produced in my life. My nose feels like the outside of a basketball from all the clogging pores. By the end of the day, I am a fossil fuel. My foundation is gone -- I don't even know where, somewhere in the oil slick/Gulf disaster of my face, it's almost like this primer whisks it away the moment I stop looking in the mirror -- and I am left shiny and barefaced, cystic acne bright red and stinging, and feeling just filthy. 

This primer doesn't keep your foundation in place; it just replaces it with oil. I don't even know how that makes sense, but it does. It feels horrible on my skin and six hours later, it feels even worse. I feel like a slip and slide. It's like this primer specifically exists to make you break out, feel horrible, and look horrible. 

Did I mention I had an important appointment this week? That I need to look decent for? It's hard to look decent with giant cysts covering your chin, your skin dried out and yet somehow still horrible oily, and your nose looking like a terrifying Halloween gourd.  

An emergency trip to Sephora after work two days ago led to purchasing PoreFessional and a new bottle of foundation. It had to be done. I can't undo the cysts -- they'll just hang out there for a week, make me hate my life, and then disappear into wee little bumps that turn into pimples two or three months later -- but I can try to hide them. 

Needless to say, if you have oily skin, are prone to acne of any kind, want your foundation to stay in place, and generally want to feel clean throughout the day -- basically, if you value how your face looks at all, on any level -- don't buy this primer. I love Rimmel products usually, but this was just a mistake to put on my face. It was like I washed my face with bacon grease -- in fact, bacon grease may have been more beneficial. 

In short: skip the cheap drugstore primers. If you need primer, just spend the extra money. Learn from my mistake.  




4 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely horrible....but if it makes you feel any better, you complained about it in a perfectly hilarious way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to laugh or else, I'll cry. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been looking at some drugstore primers, so I'm glad I came across this article. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My best advice would be to splurge! I've tried lots of drugstore brands and this has been my worst experience, by far, but none have worked as well as a high-end brand, which sucks, but alas... pain for beauty and all that jazz. :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...