8.08.2012

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder


I am an oily faced person.

It's just a fact. Somewhere in the world there is someone with a perfect face, with small pores and no oil and a smooth forehead and a clear chin. And well that's just great for them, isn't it? Some of us aren't so lucky.

The solution to my foundation problems -- mainly, that it slides off my face by the end of the day and I end up feeling as if I've dunked my head into my bottle of olive oil -- might by primer. But alas, primers are expensive and the good ones are even more expensive and at least half of them will cause me to break out.

A few weeks ago, I was in Wal-Mart with Danny and spotted a Rimmel display. I'm a fan of Rimmel products -- they make good, reasonably priced lipstick and their eyeshadow is always pretty nice. I felt pretty indecisive about buying it, but alas, I caved. If nothing else, I did need a new compact for my purse and if those powder failed (as I assumed it would, because I hate pressed powders), I could always just use it as a compact. (The joke was on me -- Rimmel felt the need to not include any kind of sponge or applicator.)

How does this powder add up then?

Alas, I haven't abandoned my favorite CoverGirl loose powder -- it's just too good and matches my skin so well and I can put a ton of it on. But I have added a bit of this Rimmel to the end of my make up routine, just to prevent shine for a little bit longer than normal. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. It tends to pool at the corners of my nose and along my forehead to form weird pools of opaque powder reserves -- that is, if I apply to much. If I brush a little over my face, I get a nice matte finish.

Does it keep my from getting shiny two or three hours later? Not really. And if I apply it again, it doesn't really stop shine either -- it just seems to absorb the oil and settle into shiny happiness.

Oh well. What can I say? It's a $4 pressed powder.

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder, $4-5, Wal-Mart


3 comments:

  1. Do you have the new Maybelline Primer in the US? I bought it over here a few weeks ago for about £7 or £8 (think that's around $10-12) and it seems to work really well for me - it keeps my foundation on pretty well and it wasn't too expensive! Just a thought since it's not crazy expensive like most primers are!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a lot of drug store primers -- since my face is already pretty oily, ones from drug stores tend to just contribute and I end up breaking out, which isn't good! I haven't tried Maybelline's, although I don't think I've ever seen primers in their section of stores. :[

      Delete
  2. Have you tried the Pores No More refine by Dr. brandt? I just started using it and really see a difference in the amount of oil on my face at the end of the day. Its a bit pricey but it works.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...