8.03.2012

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes


You read that correctly. Snickerdoodle cupcakes. With maple cinnamon butter cream. Butter. Cinnamon. Maple. Together over a cinnamony-salty cupcake. Together, it all tastes like heaven. The sweetness of the frosting compliments the slightly salty, spicy taste of the cupcake. It might be one of the best things I've ever made. Ever. 


The recipe is from Bakerella, although I used a different frosting (one I sort of threw together, which I'm getting better at). I have so many recipes Pinned, saved on my computer, and printed out that I don't really know what to do with myself these days. Red velvet cupcakes? Cotton candy cupcakes? Walnut pumpkin muffins? Spice pumpkin cupcakes!? It's a little overwhelming. But at the end of the day, these snickerdoodle cupcakes were a good choice. And, surprise, there were so easy to make. 


Here's the recipe! 

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3/4 cup milk, room temperature

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium. Add eggs and vanilla. Then add about half the flour and half of the milk. Once that's combined, add the rest of the flour and the rest of the milk. Fill baking cups about 3/4 full. (I have found that using a 1/4 measuring cup works perfectly if you don't have an ice cream scoop!) Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Remove cupcakes from trays and let cool. (I put mine in the fridge to cool faster!) 

While the cupcakes are baking, you can make the frosting which is: about 1/4 cup of maple syrup; 1 cup of butter; about 1/4 cup of milk; a generous teaspoon or two of cinnamon; and enough powdered sugar to bring it together. 

Once the frosting is all mixed up (an electric mixer works perfectly), scoop about half into a piping bag. Pipe onto cupcakes. Behold. And eat. 

(I saved about half of my frosting in the freezer because my recipe made way too much!) 


If you love snickerdoodles, these are the cupcakes for you. And if you don't like snickerdoodles (admittedly, I never have), these cupcakes are also still for you. Why? Because they are delicious, of course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...