9.10.2012

In Shadows

Dress and Scarf, Forever 21
Cardigan, Target
Flats, thrifted

It's taken me way too long to post these photos! I took them over a week ago, of an outfit I wore the Friday before last. I had a ridiculously long week -- that I won't go into, because it would just be a bunch of me whining about random things -- but I ended up feeling a lot better Friday. (Wine may have played a part in that!) I had a good weekend and then Danny and I had a good peptalk together yesterday evening. Plus, I know what I'm doing with this blog again (how long has that taken me!? Months!) and I feel a lot more confident in general.




There's a lot of things on my mind, but let's talk about this outfit really quick: This is one of my favorite dresses. And my favorite scarf. I've worn this combination before, with a few different elements. But it made for a nice breezy outfit. The weather here has been switching from chilly in the morning to hot in the afternoon, which makes dressing for work a little more difficult than usual! It's raining today though, so things were a bit easier: boots, tights, and dress, my favorite combination.

This is that weird season where things are moving from Summer to Fall, everything is very in-between, and it's hard to know how to dress in the morning. However, it's one of my favorite times, because the rain starts again and washes the dust out of the air -- it just smells so nice! 




I have a lot I've debated writing about -- I have so many drafts saved in a folder, some that I scheduled to post, then removed, trying to explain something or make something known, but I'm not really sure what I want to say. Or what my motivation for saying it is. I'm at a really strange, low point in my life and I'm not sure how to get back up anymore. I don't think my experience is abnormal, not in the least, but personally, it's hard to navigate. I'm a very ordered, structured person -- a lot of people say they are, with list-making or whatever, but I actually have a hard time functioning outside of order, outside of having a goal. It's hard to know what to do with no structure, no path that I can easily see.





I hope you all have a good Monday. I'm all set for a long day at work.


3 comments:

  1. Love the polka dots and pretty scarf! Hope you have a great monday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wine usually helps me feel better about things too :) This is another cute outfit and I really love the scarf you paired with it. I have the hardest time trying to accessorize with scarfs but you do it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is coordinated so well...this is probably one of my most favorite outfits of yours. That dress is beautiful on you! It's like a match made in heaven :)

    We all go through periods of self-doubt, some more intensely than others, but to me, that's all the more reason not to give up. Sometimes I just have to stop thinking and look at my life and myself as a whole by stepping outside. I'm a planner, too, and I plan way ahead into the future. Of course, it hurts terribly that in most cases, things don't tend to go the way we planned...so please hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...