11.11.2012

Inspiration Sunday: November 11


It's been ages since an Inspiration Sunday! I'm fully aware they're not the most exciting posts, but I love sharing pretty photos. I feel like I'm always printing them out (or failing that, reblogging them on Tumblr!) and sometimes, they just make me feel so inspired to make something or do something -- like bake a new recipe or redecorate! I'm going to apologize now because this post has a LOT of pictures... so, sorry for that! 









I used to have this (really dork, slightly compulsive) hobby of writing down interesting quotes I found. From everywhere. I have tons of fancy journals full of quotes, passages from books, random sayings. It's something I stopped doing when I left college -- I wasn't reading as much as I once did, so I didn't really feel like I had the time for it. But last night (after I uploaded all these pictures, which isn't a coincidence), I started it again. I had a document on my computer where I would copy and paste quotes -- from Facebook or websites or whatever I was reading -- and I finally decided to write them down. There is a huge difference for me between typing something and handwriting. When I type something, I just want to get it down -- an idea I have, a project, a thought, a story -- but when I handwrite something, I want to commit to it. I want it to stay with me. It's why I handwrite my journals and my poems, but type up my blog posts, stories, and ideas. I forgot how much I missed journaling quotes -- it's such a calming hobby. Late at night, when there is nothing but the rain outside and Danny playing his guitar in the living room, it is so incredibly soothing to just write out quotes. 

I thought I'd share a few of them in this post, as it seems fitting. 








"So many people are shut up tight inside themselves like boxes. Yet they would open up, unfolding quite wonderfully, if only you were interested in them." [Sylvia Plath]

"Have a heart that never hardens,a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts." [Charles Dickens]

"Fiction becomes a weird way to countenance yourself and to tell the truth, instead of being a way to escape yourself or present yourself in a way you figure you will be maximally likable." [David Foster Wallace]





"It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than Try to be a little kinder." [Aldous Huxley]

"When I did my self portrait, I left all the pimples out because you always should. Pimples are a temporary condition and they don't have anything to do with what you really look like." [Andy Warhol]







"My lover asks me:

'What is the difference between me and the sky?'
The difference, my love,
is that when you laugh,
I forget about the sky."
[Nizar Qabbani]

"All extremes of feeling are allied with madness." [Virginia Woolf]

"Are the days of winter sunshine just as sad for you, too? When it is misty, in the evenings, and I am out walking by myself, it seems to me that the rain is falling through my heart and causing it to crumble into ruins." [Gustave Flaubert]

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. (I'm making a butterscotch pie to take to my parents!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...