11.27.2012

Liebster Award!


Hello everyone! I had planned out articles for this week, but I've fallen a little behind -- I got food poisoning Saturday evening (yuck) and so didn't get time to write any articles. I was sick most of the night and then driving all day Sunday! I'm back at work though and doing much better. 

I was so excited when Amie commented saying she'd given me the Liebster Award! Amie has been reading my blog forever and I've been reading her's too! She's new to blogging, but she's already fantastic and her blog design is adorable. She loves all things vintage, just like I do, so if you follow me, you should definitely follow her. She's a sweetie! 

Now, onto the questions Amie Asked! 

1. What is your favorite print or pattern?
Polka dots! I think that's pretty obvious. ;)


2.What is your most interesting piece of clothing?Oh goodness. I have a few. I have a bat wing military jacket that I never wear but can't bear to get rid of; a Michael Jackson-style military vest that I bought at Target my freshman year of college; a yellow vintage dress from the late 50s or early 60s that is teeny tiny (I can just get it zipped up!); and my mom's owl necklaces from the 70s (which I realize are jewelry, but I consider jewelry clothing to an extent...).

3.Who inspires your style?
It feels weird to say, but I've never had a true "style icon." In general, I tend to look up to women who broke barriers -- Amelia Earhart, Cleopatra, Audrey Hepburn -- but I don't really idolize anyone's style. When it comes to getting dressed in the morning, I always look to fellow bloggers for inspiration or I turn to magazines that I collect to give me ideas. Sometimes, I get ideas for color combinations from design magazines or books, home magazines, or something like that!

4.What made you decide to start blogging?
I decided to start blogging because I wanted to write. I started my blog as a sophomore in college (wow!) and I still can't believe I've kept it up this long. Mostly, I just wanted to write and interact with people with the same interests -- fashion, writing, beauty, design -- as me!

5.What is your favorite perfume?
Perfume gives me headaches! I usually wear Bath & Body Works body spray (which some people hate because it's very sweet smelling). Right now, my favorites are: Coconut Lime Breeze; Cinnamon Pumpkin; Love Love Love; and Cashmere Glow.

6. Must have beauty products?
I have to have PoreFessional primer by benefit. I use Make Up Forever foundation and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. My go-to mascara is Maybelline in the pink tube (you all know it!) -- it's $3 and the best. Otherwise, I keep things simple. Primer-foundation-powder-blush-mascara is my everyday routine. Otherwise, I have to have a good cleanser (Grapefruit scrub is my favorite), a good moisturizer (I use Up&Up brand), and a good exfoliant (Apricot Scrub).

7. What is your favorite era?
This is a hard question! There are so many things I love from past decades. I love the nostalgia and colors from the 1920s; the faux-decadence of the 1930s; the prim and properness hiding a layer of rebelliousness of the 1940s and 50s; the sudden wildness of the 1960s; the bohemian flair of the 1970s; the loud, neon attitude of the 1980s; and the ditzy feel of the 1990s. Really, I appreciate vintage fashion and style and music from every decade. It's hard to pick just one!

8. Who is your idol?
The first person who popped into my mind was my sister. When I think a successful, smart, powerful woman (the kind I want to be!), I really do think of my sister and my mom first. My sister is so smart and so successful; she has a great husband and two great little boys, a beautiful house, a great job. My mom has always been a powerhouse in my life; she is strong when she needs to be, kind all the time, ultimately patient, and intelligent. I admire both of them for different reasons. I hope to be as successful and put-together as my sister someday. I hope that I'm as good of a mom as my mom was someday too.

9. Whats your most favorite desert for the holidays?
I love butterscotch pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate cake!, sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies, and caramel corn. I also love muddy buddies, which are definitely an American thing!

10. Heels or Flats?
On a day-to-day basis, I wear mostly flats and flat boots. But I do wear heels occasionally. They really hurt my back though, especially at my job where I sit for a long time and then run around like mad for a little while!

11. What are your hobbies?
 Blogging, writing, scrapbooking!, baking and cooking, and taking long bubble baths. Otherwise, these days I mostly pick up the house when I have time and watch movies with Danny.


Ok! Now, I pick 5 bloggers to five the award to! I choose:

  1. Sian from Rebel Angel
  2. Charlotte from Girl Next Door Fashion
  3. Hannah from Ivory Giraffes
  4. Becca from Lazy Fashionista
(I could only think of four! I am the worst!) 


If you are given the award:
1. Link and follow the blogger who awarded you.
2. Blog about the award.
3. Give the award to 5 other bloggers.
4. Answer the 11 questions I ask and give 11 of your own to the bloggers you award.

Here are my questions!
1. Books or e-reader? Why? 
2. What's your favorite magazine in the whole world? 
3. What's your most embarrassing moment? 
4. What's your favorite food to eat when you're sick? 
5. What's your favorite song to listen to in the bath tub? 
6. When you're driving or traveling, what do you daydream about? 
7. What's one quote you live by? 
8. What's one thing you want to work on with your blog? 
9. What do you wear on your off days? 
10. How would you define your sense of style, or your blog's sense of style? 

Thank you to Amie for the award! Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...