11.13.2012

Oven Fries on a Lazy Sunday


Oven fries are one of those things that Danny and I love without shame. Fries are delicious and sure, they're tasty fried. But I love oven fries more. They're crispy, but not too crispy. They stay very "potatoe-y" (for lack of a better term) and there are just so many ways to dress them up. I mean, yeah, you could add some pesto to some fries fresh out of a frier... but I don't think they're be as good as these ones. I made these on Sunday when Danny and I were having a lazy day -- I may have also made cookies and a butterscotch pie (recipe coming soon!), but don't tell my diet. 





You'll need:

  • 2-3 potatoes (I usually use two russets and then 2-3 small potatoes, like yukon gold and peruvian purple, because I love the variety of colors) 
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 scoop of pesto, store bought (you can totally make your own though!) 
  • 2 slices of bacon, chopped
  • nonstick spray
  • 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
  • about 1 tablespoon or so of malt vinegar
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with a bit of nonstick cooking spray.

Wash and chop up your potatoes. I usually cut big ones in half, and then each half into strips. Put them all in a bowl and add your olive oil and pesto. Stir to cover completely. 


Lay out the potatoes on the sheet. I usually just dump them out and then use whatever I used to stir them up to push them around until they're all flat. Take your diced bacon and lie it on top of the fries around the pan. 

Bake for around 20-25 minutes. The last few minutes, open the oven and put the cheddar cheese on top of the fries. When they're done, take them out and immediately put malt vinegar on the top. 






Enjoy with fry sauce... or plain, it's your choice. They're so tasty! Danny and I like to make these to have with salmon or chicken. They make such a nice side and they feel so decadent. They aren't the healthiest side dish in the world, but they also aren't the worst -- they make a nice treat in the middle of the week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...