11.22.2012

Thankful Thursday: Thanksgiving Edition


There is never a day more appropriate to have a Thankful Thursday post. This year, I am thankful for:

♥ Danny. Who has stuck with me through thick and thin. Through crying spells and my anxious nagging. Who always listens. Who is always patient. Who makes me laugh.

My family. This is my first Thanksgiving away from my family. I miss them a lot already. It feels very weird that I won't wake up tomorrow and help my mom with dinner.

My blog & my readers. Sometimes, I feel bad saying "my readers" -- I really consider most of the people who read my blog friends. You know so much about my life! (And seriously, if you send me a message on Twitter, I always reply!) I love blogging and even though I'm not 100% sure of the direction I'm going anymore, I love that I have an outlet that is creative and rewarding.

My job. Work isn't always super fun, but I'm so thankful to have a job with people who I like being around. It keeps me stable, it allows me to buy myself treats once and a while, and it's a blessing in a rough economy.

Food. I am so thankful everyday for the means to buy crazy food and experiment with recipes. I love food, I love cooking, and I love the opportunities it provides me and the things cooking has taught me. I'm blessed to have so much food in my life.

Oregon. This is smaltzy and cheesy and generally silly, but I'm so thankful for my home state. Oregon is sometimes ignored (I mean, who grows up saying, I want to go to Oregon!?) but it's beautiful and full of wonderful people.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. (And if you're not in the U.S., again, I'm sorry for all the Thanksgiving posts!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...