12.14.2012

Fitness Friday: Happiness & Middle Ground


I can't believe it's been a week since my last Fitness Friday post & I can't believe I'm in such a different place now. A week ago, I swore off counting calories. This week, I've used Lose It occasionally to just keep track of everything that goes in my mouth (because my first few days of calorie counting freedom were marked by massive overeating!) but on a daily basis, I haven't been concerned with how many calories I've been eating. I've been more concerned with how I feel. 


And let me tell you: considering my big announcement this week, I feel so much better. I was feeling really bloated and horrible after the weekend (suddenly going from very restricted calories to do whatever is definitely not for the faint of heart, or the weak of digestion), but by Thursday, I was feeling great. Thursday morning, I stepped on the scale (despite myself!) and was surprised to see I'd lost four pounds from my starting weight. 

I started to wonder if perhaps my recent weight loss has less to do with calories and more to do with, well, feeling a bit happier. As Kelly Osbourne recently said: "People think I lost weight and then got happy, but that's not how it works. You have to get happy first. I made a life change, and the weight loss was an amazing perk."

For a long time, I knew I needed to get out of my current job and find something else. It was nothing personal, really, it just wasn't the job for me, you know? I'm a quiet, sensitive, and creative person and the car business is mechanical, logical, and pretty much always the same. 

The past week has been the least stressful of my life (despite a plumbing scare & Remus breaking my favorite necklace ever). I can't help but thinking that making a change towards happiness -- instead of anything else -- is what spurred my body to finally, finally!, relinquishing those few pounds. 


1 comment:

  1. Congrats girl! Day jobs are tough for us creative types, but it seems like you're taking a step in the right direction.

    -Sara, Road to the Heart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...