12.29.2012

Montagne Jeunesse Peel-Off Cucumber Mask

Saturday night, I couldn't sleep. Instead, I sat up and worried about my skin. With my wedding coming up, I'm doing everything I can to clean up my complexion. As I've written before, I have large pores, oily skin, and a tendency to break out (a lot), which combined with my chronic stress can lead to some pretty horrible break outs. To add insult to injury, I also scar really easily. The past year has not been good to my skin, so Sunday after I went to work out, I stopped off at Wal Greens to pick up a few things. I ended up impulse buying this peel-off mask. 

It's a cucumber and green tea peel-off mask that promised to leave my skin "rejuvenated." It felt really nice after I applied it and smelled really good. The package said it was for "relaxation" as well, and I can imagine it would be nice to put on and then get into a nice, warm bath. The texture was akin to something like see-through green Elmer's glue. It only took about 5 or 6 minutes to dry, which is really nice. Peeling it off was actually a surprising amount of fun -- if you were a weird kid like me, you loved using glue in elementary school so you could peel bits off your fingers afterwards. 

After I peeled it off, my skin did feel a lot more smooth. I moisturized and went about my business. However, about 2 hours later, I noticed a new inflamed pore on my chin, which is just outstanding. Undoubtedly, it had been stewing for a while, but the timing made me just a little bit suspect. However, on the whole, my skin feels a lot smoother and more hydrated, and is less blotchy and red than before. 

These masks aren't really expensive -- it's only about $1.50 per mask at WalGreens -- so for an occasional treat, they are quite nice. Once I use the other kind I bought, I might buy a few more to test them out and then stick to my favorites. It's a nice way to pamper my skin without feeling like I'm dropping tons of money!

Have you ever used this peel off mask before? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...