12.06.2012

Peanut Butter Frosting


Monday was my dad's birthday and this was the cake I made for him: chocolate cake with decadent, creamy peanut butter frosting. The entire thing ended up tasting like a big Reese's peanut butter cup. Which is just about perfect as far as I'm concerned. 


This frosting was super easy to make. There is a huge part of me that hates making frosting because it takes so much powdered sugar (usually). But it tastes so much better than the stuff out of the can, and it's healthier, and more impressive... It's a win-win situation really. I loved this recipe though because it only takes two cups of powdered sugar, as opposed to the regular 6+ cups. And it made a ton of frosting. 

Peanut Butter Frosting

Ingredients: 

1/2 stick of butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-4 tablespoons of milk (I ended up using closer to 6 tablespoons) 
2 cups of powdered sugar

Cream the butter, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla until combined and smooth. Slowly, add in powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time, alternating with milk. The frosting should be thick, but still easily pliable. 

I used this recipe for the chocolate cake. Once it was cooled, I frosted the whole thing and then made the chocolate words for the top. How did I make those, you ask? 

I melted about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave. I poured the chocolate into a small ziplock bag and snipped off a teeny tiny bit of the corner. I then piped the lettering onto wax paper and transferred it to the fridge. I did the same with the curlicues. I'm hoping to practice this technique and start doing more complicated things! I'm still very proud of how the letter turns out though! 

Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...