1.01.2013

Infinity and Beyond

Scarf, c/o SwayChic
Dress, Target
Cardigan, Forever 21
Tights, Target
Boots, RocketDog

Well, here we are in 2013. Do you feel any different? I don't. I managed to stay awake last night until midnight (I'll admit I was in bed using my laptop to keep me awake). Danny came in at midnight and brought me a mimosa. I took two drinks, kissed him a happy 2013, and then was asleep within 5 minutes. This morning, I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio, followed by lots of free weights and various machine. In short, my arms feel a little dead already. I'm sure I'll regret all the reps tomorrow. 




I realize this outfit is a bit boring, but it's what I'm wearing today... and I wanted to show off my infinity scarf from SwayChic! I've been looking for a mustard colored scarf for ages and when SwayChic offered me the opportunity to pick some items from their website, it was the first thing I went for. I think I've worn it every other day since I received it just before Christmas! It's so warm and perfectly and cuddly. 

I wear variations of this outfit a lot -- maybe different colored tights, a different cardigan, different boots, different scarf... but this is one of those outfits that always looks the same, with a fix mix-and-math things mixed in. I've had this dress since I started this blog and for a while, I stopped wearing it... but a few months ago, I pulled it out of my closet and it's been a staple ever since. I probably wear it once a week when I'm working! 




My hair is slowly starting to rebel. When my hair is long, it tends to have a mind of it's own -- which would be fine if it had some kind of texture, but it's just stubbornly straight and plagued with cowlicks in every direction. I always revert to putting my hair in a ponytail or bun, or pigtails and a hat, when my hair is long, so I'm starting to feel like I should just cut it, because I kind of hate having it long. But then I think, "I'll miss my long hair! I can wear it curly when it's long." But do I? My hair doesn't curl, so it's more just wishful thinking! As an example, today my hair is inexplicably dry despite not washing it for two days, then washing it and using tons of conditioner. Hair problems. 


I mean, just look at that frizz! If my hair was curly, I'd understand, but it's not, so I just resent my hair instead. 

Anyway, I'm going shopping and to have fun with my mom this afternoon, which I'm very excited about! I hope you all have a great Tuesday and a wonderful first day of the year! 


1 comment:

  1. I don't think this outfit is boring at all. It looks incredibly comfortable and put-together. And that mustard scarf is an adorable touch. Sounds like you had a wonderful New Year! I spent mine in bed as well - glad to know I wasn't the only one. :)

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...