1.04.2013

Polka Dot Party

Sweater, Forever 21
Tank top, American Eagle 
Pants, Forever 21
Flats, Old Navy 

On Wednesday, Danny and I went to Eugene for a little shopping. Danny had to pick up a prescription at Costco (admittedly one of my favorite/least favorite places in the world, because I love bargains and bulk items, but it's always so crowded), so I treated us to dinner afterward. Beforehand, we went to the mall so Danny could trade in some video games. Then, we wandered around Forever 21 and I found these pants. 

I've been wanting a pair of polka dot pants for ages. I've found pairs everywhere, but I could almost never find my size and if I did, when I tried them on, they didn't look great. However, these ones I really liked: they're a thick material and don't get wrinkly, but they also don't collect link like some pants from Forever 21. The best part: Danny bought them for me as a present! He really spoils me and I can't express enough how often he makes me smile. 


I wore this outfit yesterday out and about grocery shopping. Danny thought he was going back to work, but it turned out he doesn't start work until Tuesday, since he's a teacher! We went grocery shopping and I was going to rent "Looper" for us, but it was out in the Redbox we went to. 

It has been ridiculously sunny here in Oregon for the past few days, which is really out of the ordinary! Which is also why I'm not looking at the camera in any of these pictures. The best looking angle I could find was facing the sun, but then I was blind and didn't think to grab a pair of sunglasses while I was heading outside! I love the sunshine though. It's a nice change from the cold and rain. 



I've been working with some of the comments from the survey I ran. One person suggested using less pictures, which was really hard! However, I do think it will look nicer and I'll only post the best-of-the-best photos. 

A lot of the comments from the survey were hard to take. I just want to make sure I let my feelings be known. There were a few responses really hurt my feelings. I struggle with not being one of those bloggers that whines about receiving negative attention -- I fully realize that by publicly writing on the internet, I'm inviting all manner of opinions about me, my body, my writing, and my voice -- but at the same time, I also think I reserve the right to feel hurt by things people say about me and to draw the line. 

I fully appreciate constructive feedback and I will fully acknowledge that the hurtful comments I received in the survey were written with the intention to be constructive, but the way they were written automatically put me on the defensive simply because of the way they were written. All I'm trying to say is: Everyone has the right to snark (we all know I snark enough on Twitter and elsewhere), but with snark comes great responsibility. If you have to frame what you're saying with, "I feel bad saying this," or "I hope this doesn't offend you," or "I know that's hard to take," then what you've just written is, undoubtedly, going to make someone feel bad, even if what you said is true and/or something they needed to hear! Ultimately: Be kind. 

With that said, again, thank you to everyone who replied to the survey. I have so many ideas for this blog now and it's good to know how readers feel. It's also really nice to hear how many people love my blog -- it makes me feel very weird and flattered! I never expect people to want to read what I have to say, but again and again, I am proven wrong! 


Today, I'm spending the day cooking old-fashioned chicken noodle soup. Right now, I'm lying in bed with my lab, Remus, watching the Sex in the City movie (the first one, obviously). I've had a stomach ache all morning. I fully intended to go work out, but since my stomach ache isn't going away, I'm planning on going first thing tomorrow morning. If I feel better later, I might drag myself there though! 

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday! Only two more days until I start my new job... I'm so excited, I can barely stand it! 


1 comment:

  1. It's been unusually sunny in Seattle as well! Your pants are pretty awesome, I'm a little jealous ;)

    And yeah, surveys are tough. The thing about them is that people who fill them out feel like they're doing YOU a favor, and will usually rush through them. Hence, there's no filter or thought behind how their words will come across (such as mean). Most surveys that people do these days are so impersonal and just for large survey companies, so I think that mindset is there.

    Anyway, you have people that enjoy your blog. And remember, just because one (or 2, or 3) people say something negative doesn't mean EVERYONE feels that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...