3.04.2013

Life Lately: March 4


I'm not sorry that I've put blogging on the back burner in my life for a little while. Blogging is, ultimately, a hobby for me at this point: a side activity that makes me happy, allows me to interact with lots of different people, and fills me with accomplishment. However, I still feel pangs of guilt when I don't update like I used to! To catch you up a little bit, here's what I've been up to lately...

1: I've been working on my journal-one-page-a-day New Years challenge. I've written at least a paragraph on a journal prompt everyday -- and when I don't, I play catch up the next day (or even a few days later). I'm really proud that I've written so much on so many different topics. I'm hoping to get back to a once-a-day schedule but it's pretty hard when I'm tired!

2: I met a mini horse! This little horse is a therapy animal that visits the residents where I work. He is adorable. 

3: The sun peaking out from behind the clouds. We had a brilliantly beautiful February here in Oregon!

4: This is the site of my future home! Doesn't look like much, does it? 

5: A Valentine's Day cupcake... yum!

6: I've been reading Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything and this passage really stood out. We are never touching anything, really, because of atoms. Excuse me, but my brain just broke. 

7: Danny bought me A Wrinkle in Time for Valentine's Day and I love it! My mom read me this book when I was very small. 

8: Remus is king of the house. I love when he gets in Danny's chair and gets comfy. I know I shouldn't allow him on furniture, but he's so darn cute!

9: The sky above the site of my future house! Can't believe the weather we've had for the past few weeks. 

10: One of my co-worker's loaned me the Night Circus. I really love it so far. Secret fact, I love the history of circus and carnival workers. 1930s carnival and circus photos freak me out, but I love them!

11 & 12: Friday was Chase's birthday! I cannot believe he turned four years old!! Chase was born just before I started Locked Out my sophomore year of college. Can you believe that? I can't, because it's outrageous. He is 4 years old. This blog is 4 years old. I can't believe how I've grown, how he's grown, how this blog has grown. 

13: Daffodils are sprouting!! I love daffodils so much. I can't wait until there are enough for me to gather big handfuls of them to put in vases inside!

14: Danny and I went shopping Saturday. He treated me to a new pair of black flats (because a little dog named Remus chewed mine up!!) and I treated myself to a new wallet... that my iPhone fits in! 

15: Danny and I are dorks. This is us trading heads thanks to the too-short mirror in Target. 

16: On Sunday, Danny was at our house site* helping my parents clear brush while I stayed home to do laundry and clean the house. Remus was a big help. 

*Danny and I are building a house! I realize this is a big announcement, so I thought I'd save it for the end! Yep, we're building a house of our own on some property my grandfather left me. We signed the papers last weekend and we should be starting building within two months or so. And the house should be finished by September or October. Are you freaking out?! Because I am freaking out. It's exciting and nerve-wracking and really scary, but also very cool. I know I can make it work, but it's such a HUGE decision and I'm making it in the same year that I'm getting married and doing all sorts of other things and so I'm pretty much just busy all the time and have no time for anything except work, food, wedding stuff, and house stuff. But it's really great at the same time because that's life!

Well, I hope you all had a great February and I hope you all are ready to have an amazing March! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...