4.25.2013

Here Comes the Sun: 10 Pairs of Sunglasses You Just Might Need


I love sunglasses. Partly because they are a summer accessory that does not necessarily depend on my thighs being slimmer than they were during those jiggly winter months, and partly because it's nice to have an accessory that is both cute and necessary. 

In preparation for summer, I'm not going to mention "bikinis" or "high waisted denim shorts" or anything that might make you ruefully remember those five no bake cookies you ate for dinner (just me?). Instead, let's look at 10 pairs of pretty sunglasses that you might probably definitely need.

These sunglasses look like something that popped out of the Jetson's. Ok, they're a little cartoon-y, let's just admit that. But with some cute jeans, a tank, and some sandals? The perfect kind of crazy accessory for sunny days.

Mmm, translucent frames. I always keep a part of sunglasses in the car -- something lightweight, something cute (so if I accidentally get out of the car wearing them around for a while), something I can stash easily. These ones check all the boxes. Lightweight, stylish, classic.

Did you think you'd make it through this list without something with polka dots? Well, you don't know me very well! Even better, these are cat eyes. If you want a more sedate retro look for you Summer 2013 eyewear, these babies are for you. (I also love purple tints.)


Who doesn't need a pair of sunglasses with pretty lavender sides? If you're still digging on last year's pastel trend (but have an overload of minty items), these are the sunglasses for you.


These sunglasses are the same color as blue raspberry Jolly Ranchers. So fruity, so fresh, so cute. Pair with a sunglass and a big floppy hat and you're a blue-cool lounge lizard.

Ok, I take back what I said about mint. I'm not ready to be done with it. You can't either, because these sunglasses are too dang cute and the mint is mint without being, you know, mint. They also come in a ton of other colors, in case you are a little too over mint. The plum is another favorite of mine!

One more mint pair! Ok, tell me these aren't the coolest sunglasses you've ever seen. Well, you're a liar. I love the square frames, I love the touch of gradient mint at the bottom, I love the subtle brown tinting. They're just gorgeous.

I'm also loving these sunglasses -- cat eye, a little bit round, with a little bit of spicy green kick. It really helps that they are called "cilantro" because they are secretly sassy.

Once and a while, we all need to pretend we're Elton John.

I am mildly obsessed with having tiny objects glued to sunglasses. I say that without any sarcasm at all. I almost bought a pair of fake glasses Rue21 because they had a tiny polka dot bow glued to the corner. I love these ones for the same reasons. I need tiny roses on the edges of my vision at all times. Need.

Are you ready to get little red marks besides your eyes from sunglasses? I know I am!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...