5.31.2013

Almay Color Care & Liquid Lip Balm


A few weeks ago, I got an email from Klout telling me I had an offer for a perk from Almay. I'm never one to pass up free stuff, so I said yes and a few days ago, I received this Almay Color Care and Liquid Lip Balm in the mail. Exciting! They are limited release right now (sort of like the Revlon lip butters used to be). 


You guys know I have a lip balm addiction. This is another great one, because like Maybelline Baby Lips and Revlon Lip Butters, it's tinted. Which means you're getting double action: kickin' moisture to keep your lips looking amazing and just a bit of tint. This ones a bit different though because it's not a stick. It's liquid that you apply using one of those lip wands with a fuzzy head. Which is one of the things I actually dislike about it: those little wands are just not the most accurate way to put on lip balm and it means I have to use a mirror every time I reapply. What can I say? I'm a bit lazy. 

My other issue with this lip balm is that it's a bit sticky. You know what I'm talking about. Some lip glosses are just, you know, sticky. It's like smearing honey onto your lips, but a bit thinner. It's definitely moisturizing and I love the color, but the stickiness always makes my lips feel rough. Also, it wears off incredibly quickly. I feel like I have to reapply it every few minutes to keep my lips plum colored! 

However, all in all, it's a great product if you want something sheer and easy for a day. The color is sheer, but definitely there. This plum shade is actually quite dark looking in the tube, but applies really well and is pretty flattering, even for a pale-skinned lady like myself. 

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!

1 comment:

  1. My boyfriend hates it when I have sticky glosses on. And your Klout perk posts inspired me to sign up for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...