5.01.2013

Turkey Rolls with Avocado


I'm not a big turkey sandwich fan. I've never been able to sit down and just eat a sandwich with turkey lunchmeat on it. But where I work started making these turkey rolls for our residents -- they are really tasty and have lots of protein and nutrients. Right now, I'm trying to sort out a way to add more vegetables (I'm thinking shredded carrot and cucumber...) but I thought I'd share the recipe: I just about 3 servings out of these, because I usually just eat one or two rolls as a snack before working out, or with a bowl of soup. 

Here's what you need: 
  • one tortilla (I use the large burrito size, but you can make them smaller) 
  • cream cheese, about 1 tablespoon
  • 1/4 of an avocado 
  • salad greens
  • cheddar cheese
  • turkey (or you could use chicken or ham -- whatever you have!) 
Lay your tortilla flat and then spread the cream cheese on the half of the tortilla closest to you. Using a fork, mash up the avocado and spread on the other half, leaving about an inch or so on the far edge (so it doesn't squirt out -- gross). Top the cream cheese half with lots of salad greens, then two slices of cheese, then about 3-4 slices of turkey. Starting at the edge closest to you, fold up the edge and then roll as tightly as you can until the whole thing is rolled into a big tortilla long. Using a sharp knife, cut it in half, then cut each half in half. From then, cut the four pieces in half again until you have 8 pieces. I usually snack on the end pieces right away because they're usually a little meager as far as meat, cheese, and lettuce! I store the others in an airtight container or portion them right into plastic bags to take to work. 



I love these things! They are just the right amount for a very small snack. You can totally mix these up too. They'd make great little finger foods for a party, if you did a bunch of varieties: BLAT, turkey and cheese, roast beef and sauerkraut(!), chicken and ranch, or all cheese with lots of veggies.  

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...