5.25.2013

Wildflowers







Wildflowers. I love them. Personally, wildflowers blooming is my favorite part of spring. Unfortunately, though, some of my favorites are all gone by the time summer gets into spring. Wild purple lilies (sometimes called Douglas lilies here in Oregon) bloom in May and are usually gone by late June. California poppies stick around for most of the summer, and blue, pink, and purple lupines start blooming in late June and carry us through the rest of the summer. I always wish there was a way to grow wildflowers in my backyard... but if you've ever seen a cultivated Douglas lily, you know that they just aren't the same. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...