6.17.2013

Wedding Hair & Make Up: Inspiration & Trial Run


Welp! It's getting so close now! Last weekend, I did my hair and make up trial run -- I forced myself not to take non-phone pictures because I really want the full effect to be a surprise. But I thought I'd share with you guys one sneaky picture and then my inspiration for my hair, make up and nails!


This was the pictures I took in to the make up artist at Gervais Salon in Eugene. I love the retro dark lip and the subtle winged eyeliner! What I like most, though, is that the eye make up isn't over the top. You know how you see some make up looks and it's like, "Did they pile on every single eyeshadow they own!?" And the answer is, maybe, probably, yeah. I knew I wanted something slightly retro style, to match the general style of my wedding (in case you're wondering, I'm not having any kind of over the top theme at my wedding!) and then a more subtle, but still retro-ish, eye. This fit the bill perfectly and it was interpreted really, really beautifully at my test run! I'm so excited to show it to you guys after the wedding and honeymoon!

My hair is a big more complicated. There are not a lot of wedding styles out there for short hair -- I couldn't find any cute, modern photos on Pinterest or anywhere. Apparently, ladies with short hair don't get married...? My hairdresser, Kayla, was amazing though! She immediately knew what I wanted when I showed her the pearl headband I wanted to wear. She added more texture to my bangs and then successfully tamed my cowlick by teasing the back (!!!) and giving it lots of volume and texture. It looked amazing. I hated sleeping on my hair that night -- I wanted to try to find a way to keep my head in pristine condition. 


This nail polish you guys!! I had pinned this on Pinterest ages ago, but then couldn't find it in all my pins (too many recipes...). I had it printed out, but couldn't remember the name of the polish. It took a stupid amount of time, but it's Butter London's "All Hail the Queen." I want this for my nails on my wedding day so bad, but I don't think it will get here in time... even if I do order it expedited! However, I think I can find a dupe at Sephora or another store really easily. I really just want a sheer-ish, metallic-ish nudey-beige. That's not too hard... right? 

The look I'm going for on my wedding is essentially this: retro, simple, but a little bit fun. I definitely don't want to look fussy or over-the-top. I'm already so excited for my hair and make up -- having a trial made a huge difference and I left my appointment feeling so excited about my wedding day! I'm so excited and I know it's going to be perfect. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you look soooo gorgeous! So excited for you! Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! For a nail polish dupe, I love "Rage" by Orly. It's not too sheer, but really sparkly and pretty! People describe it as rose gold, but I think it's more of a rose silver. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...