7.05.2013

Fitness Friday: Post-Wedding Bliss


Pre-wedding, I was stressed. Normally when I'm stressed, I eat and it's not really a habit I love, but at the same time, it's a habit that sucks to break. I mean, food tastes good and even though it doesn't confront what I'm really feeling, it feels awesome slam down a whole plate of mac & cheese when I'm having a bad day. However, the stress I felt before the wedding was different: I had all these things to do and check up on and things I wasn't in control of but had to depend on other people to do and I had to fit in this dress and look this way and it was really exhausting and I wasn't sleeping very well or very much. I didn't stress eat, surprisingly. I buckled down on my diet, lost five pounds in a week, worked out like a monster (even on the day before my wedding!), and looked bangin' in my white dress. 

And after the wedding, it was like a monsoon of food into my face. I had decided early on that on the day of the wedding and during my honeymoon, I wouldn't worry a bit about food or what I ate or working out. And I didn't and it was great. In Disneyland, Danny and I felt like we had to experience everything and a huge part of Disneyland is food: popcorn, hot dogs, corn dogs, creamy soups, pizza, bread by the bucket load. It was great. I hadn't had white bread or heavy carbs in so long and guys: bread is delicious. There is nothing better than bread. 

When I got back from the honeymoon, I told myself I'd focus on eating healthy again. But even just a week away from habits I've built over a year messed everything up! It's hard to get back into a veggie soup or quinoa salad for lunch routine after enjoying baked potato soup, popcorn, and/or whatever I wanted for a week. And it's hard not to miss soda, warm bread with butter, and salty-buttery popcorn. I mean, those things taste great. 

However, I know it's not good for me. My body is still sore from all the walking in Disneyland and I'm pretty sure I've gained back the weight I had lost pre-wedding. I felt better physically when I was eating healthier. It's almost like starting over again, only this time I have a bit of a head start, since my body is used to exercising and I know what to make that tastes good. 

As well (and I'll post more on this later), I received my first CSA box this week. My workplace is a pick up location for a local farm's crop share and my parents and Danny & I purchased a share this year to split. We received a ton of fresh veggies, which will be a huge help in eating healthy again! Tonight, I'm making salmon with mashed cauliflower and collard greens (sort of like a veggie colcannon) and maybe some roasted chickpeas. I also made veggie soup on Thursday using a big portion of the CSA box and it is really yummy. 

I'll also be getting back into a work out routine. It's funny how easy it is to get used to not working out -- I was only gone a week, but already, I'm in that place of "But do I have time?" The answer is yes, because I will make the time in the evening! 

It's really hard, but I'm excited to get back into a "normal" routine now that I'm not planning a wedding or trying to have a specific body. A lot of my body stress rotated around the wedding and now that it's done (and I looked just fine!) I feel a lot better of how far I've come and how my body looks (and how much it can do now!). 

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday! I'll just say it... TGIF!


1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! I can't wait to see more wedding/honeymoon photos. Hope your 4th was great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...