7.03.2013

The Happiest Place on Earth: Honeymoon, Day 1




Finally! Honeymoon pictures! Ok, it wasn't that long. I took my old little Canon PowerShot with us to Disneyland -- I wanted to take my Canon, but the idea of it knocking around the airport terrified me. It's a $1,000 piece of technology, not something I really want to throw around! These pictures aren't the greatest -- and I totally remember why I wanted a DSLR in the first place! -- but they're good enough. 

These are all from the first day in Disneyland, which was Tuesday. We spent almost all day in the parks, from about 7:30 am (we had a day of early entry) until about 6 or 7. My feet were so sore at the end of the day and I had rubbed huge blisters on the bottoms of my feet. My feet and calves ached the whole time in Disneyland, except the last day when my feet were finally used to all the walking (and I'd bought new shoes to prevent my existing blisters from getting worse... only to get different blisters!) 



Tarzan's Treehouse! I'd never got into it before, but I'm glad Danny asked me to. It was really different from what I thought it was! I loved the Tarzan movie when I was younger and so did Danny. I remember going to see it during the summer when I was about 8 or 9 or so! 

My dress and sunglasses are from Forever 21 and my sandals are from Kohl's. Danny's outfit includes: Top, JcPenny; Hat, Hot Topic; Shorts, Old Navy; and Sneakers, Vans.







Danny was so excited to go to Innoventions! It was another part of the park I had never been to, but again, glad I did. Disney just bought Marvel, so they had a display of all the Iron Man suits (although, they aren't really suits -- a human body could never fit inside of one!) as well as lots of movie props. Other parts of Innoventions included a big light up periodic table and a robot demonstration. Danny was so excited to see the Iron Man suits though -- he is a huge comic fan and it's something I love hearing him talk about, because he loves it so much! 



Danny also loves Legos, so the Lego store was a must. I ended up buying Danny a fill-it-yourself bucket of Legos, which he was so excited about! A woman asked us if we wanted our picture taken with the Lego Hulk -- we had our Just Married buttons on, so she must have known! 


California Adventure has changed so much! I loved the new entrance and the new Buena Vista Avenue! Also, the addition of a Starbucks in the parks? Amazing. And totally necessary some mornings!




And Cars Land? Also amazing! The entire time, all I could think about was how much my nephews would love it! It is really like walking into a real life Radiator Springs from the movie -- everything is in the same order and layout and everything. 

I'll tell more about this later, but finally rode the Radiator Springs Racers ride on Thursday and it was totally worth the wait! 


I love Paradise Pier! I love carnivals and anything that sort of harkens back to that 1920s-30s fair/carnival time period. It's just something I think all Americans are nostalgic about. 

Also on the first day, Danny and I had reservations to the Blue Bayou, which is inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I'd always wanted to try it and as we were planning the honeymoon, I thought, "well, why not!" I made us a reservation for Tuesday, our first day in the park. We showed up and had a seat right by the water, which was amazing. We order a mint julep (which tasted like minty Sprite, which kind of made me feel sick!) and we asked to share the salmon. They brought us bread and a salad to share, which was all pretty good. When our salmon came though, I cut it in half to give some to Danny and I knew, even in the dim light, it wasn't cooked. Danny and I both started to pick up bites and Danny said, "Does this seem raw to you?" And it was. The salmon was almost entirely pink inside. At first I thought it might just be the thickest part in the middle of the fillet. But even on the ends, it was almost completely raw except for the sear on the outside. Um, gross!

I got our waiter's attention and he apologized and said he'd ask the chef to make us another one. I declined, because I felt sick to my stomach at that point -- I mean, this nice restaurant that I had wanted to try forever had served us completely raw fish. That's gross. That's really gross! Our waiter apologized again and said not to worry about the check, so we left. I was so disappointed -- I almost cried! We got onion rings in the room later, so all was okay, but still, I couldn't help but feel disappointed! 

However, Danny and I started to call it "Disappointment Bayou," which is now the name of the restaurant in my book. By the next day, it was kind of funny: they didn't make me pay and we got to see what it was like to sit inside the Pirates ride. And the first day, sore feet, blisters, and all, was really fun! 

I'll be posting more pictures over the next week! 


4 comments:

  1. your dress is gorgeous!!!

    www.thebluecurtain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! You two look so adorable and happy! I am so sorry about hat dinner--yuck! But I am so glad you let them know about it and didn't have to pay. I hope the rest of your meals were fantastic:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a wonderful post dear! <333 Happy you guys had such a great time - really loved the pictures, you look super cute together! ^^ BRAVO, thanks for sharing!

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post <3 Looks like you guys had a good time! Love the pictures!

    http://colormusing.haneuri.net/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...