8.20.2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation and Lorac Pore-fection Mattifying Primer


On Saturday, Danny and I went shopping (as a way to make up for my terrible, no-good week). I decided to stop at Sephora to look for a new foundation. I've been using Make Up Forever's foundation for over a year; while I really like it, it definitely still oxidizes (turns orange) after a while and I find it doesn't stay very well or cover very well over dry skin. I also wanted recommendations on better primers. I've tried Benefit's Porefection and it makes my skin so greasy and I break out really bad when I use it. I recently bought Benefit's Simply Flawless 15-Hour Primer and found that while it works slightly better, it still makes my skin super greasy. 

Immediately, I zeroed in on Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage foundation. A salesgirl at Sephora (I wish I remembered her name!) agreed that it was one of the best for me; unlike most foundations, it doesn't just have "fair," "ivory," and then darker shades. It had fair, fair-beige, etc. with detailed explanations of what each shade was good for. I selected fair-beige -- it's made for girls with pale skin with pink undertones (and especially those with freckles!) which means it sounded perfect for me. The salesgirl tested it on my skin, as well as Urban Decay's Naked (which I've had used on me before and I liked it, although it felt a bit powdery on my skin). I decided to buy a tube of the Tarte foundation to see how it went. And I'm so glad I did. 

The salesgirl also recommended a new primer for me -- Lorac's Pore-fection Mattifying Primer, which I'd actually considered buying before my wedding! The reason why she recommended it is it has the same silicon feel as Benefit primers -- so it's slippery and easy to apply -- but it's a bit more mattifying and controls oil better. She made me a sample of it (awesome!) and, again, I'm so glad she did. 

I got home and washed my face and tried the new primer and foundation. I was immediately smitten. After a few hours, my foundation was still set and not greasy at all. I feel like the foundation covers a lot without being suffocating on my skin and I don't have to use a ton of it to cover what I need covered (splotchy redness and various blemishes). 

In the future, I'm definitely going back to buy a tube of Lorac's primer and I probably won't go back to using Make Up Forever's foundation again! They're so different, but my new Tarte foundation is definitely superior (and cheaper! Just saying). If you're oily skinned and fair, and in the market for a new foundation, I really strongly recommend trying out Tarte foundations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...