10.07.2013

Fall Style 2013: Mad About Plaid

Fall is here officially and it's been cold and rainy here in Oregon pretty much since September 21. The leaves are changing, the days are getting super short, and it's time to step up the layering game. I've been packing up my summer clothes and getting my winter wardrobe out and replenished. I thought I'd write a few posts on my favorites for Fall with the first one being plaid or tartan. If you follow me on Twitter, you know that Charlotte and I often talk about our love of tartan -- last year, I officially dubbed her the #tartangoddess and I think that label still fits! Here are a few ideas for incorporating a bit of plaid/tartan goodness into your wardrobe this fall!

A Plaid Skirt
Skirt, Forever 21. Sweater, Yes Style. Necklace, Forever 21. Shoes, Debenhams

I actually own this plaid skirt -- I bought it two weeks ago and wore it for the first time last week to work. It was only $8.80, so you really can't beat that... and it's actually not as short as Forever 21 shows it on the model. It hits me around the knee. It's very comfy and stretchy and surprisingly flattering for being such a bright, buffalo plaid. The day I bought it, I told Danny he would have to get me a snuggly green sweater for my birthday... because I love plaid and dark green together. 

Pairing bodycon skirts with sweaters is a great way to get more wear out of those kinds of skirts -- without them going into club wear territory! A plaid bodycon skirt with a comfy green sweater, paired with some sparkly kitten heels and a cute silver necklace, is great for school, errands, or a casual office. 

A Bright Button Up
Sweater, Newlook. Shirt, American Eagle. Skinny Jeans, American Eagle. Bracelet, Bloomingdale's. Flats, Gap

I love plaid button ups -- they're so comfy and one of my go-to casual business wear looks! I especially love pairing bright plaid with coordinating sweaters. This pink plaid shirt from American Eagle is a bit bright on it's own -- but underneath a dark pink or purple sweater and it looks clean and classic, while still being full of personality! Pair with comfy skinny jeans (I love American Eagle's skinny jean jeggings -- they feel like jeans, but they're stretchy like jeggings) and some cute flats or boots, and this is a perfect outfit for running errands on the weekend!

A Cozy Scarf
Dress, American Eagle. Scarf, Forever 21. Ring, Saks Fifth Avenue. Shoes, Target. Tights, House of Fraser

Scarves are always a great way to incorporate a new print into your wardrobe -- whether it's leopard print, a new floral, or plaid, they're a great place to start & get acquainted with what colors go with that print! I actually bought a plaid scarf from Rue 21 a few weeks ago (it was only about $5!) and have worn it quite a bit since. A pop of plaid is a great way to make a normal outfit look especially Fall-ish... and a scarf is a great way to incorporate a bit of fun into a work wardrobe too!

I love this sweater dress from American Eagle -- I've never owned a sweater dress, but this one is on my wishlist for my birthday! I love the idea of an all-black work outfit with a pop of plaid. A comfy black sweater dress paired with comfy tights and black heels with a bit of embellishment make for a great canvas for plaid. It's sleek, fun, and warm enough for Fall temperatures! 

What new print are you hoping to incorporate into your wardrobe this fall? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :]
xo Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...